- 1 large white or yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh bratwurst
- 24 ounces (3 cups) Samuel Adams Octoberfest
- 8 hotdog or torpedo rolls, lightly toasted
1. In a large saucepan, combine the beer and onions. Add the bratwurst and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the brats are heated through. Adjust the heat to maintain the simmer.
3. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, lift the brats from the poaching liquid and nestle in the rolls. Top with condiments and serve.