- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut to fit the slider rolls
- 12 oz Sam Adams Octoberfest
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for pan frying
- Sauerkraut, honey-mustard, slider rolls for serving
1. Whisk together beer, salt, brown sugar, and water in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken thighs, cover, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
2. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Mix in cayenne and smoked paprika. Whisk eggs in another shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a 3rd shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, egg, then bread crumbs, shaking off excess. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Heat about 1/2 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken thighs to the skillet at a time and cook until golden brown on both sides, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season.
4. Repeat for remaining chicken, adding more oil as necessary in between batches.
5. To assemble sliders, top rolls with chicken schnitzel, sauerkraut, and honey mustard.