- ½ cup Samuel Adams Octoberfest
- 1½ pounds mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup All Purpose flour
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 3 tbsp chopped bacon
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 large egg
- Sourdough bread cut into ½” cubes
- Thinly sliced scallion tops to garnish
1. Preheat a large pot with 50% salted water and 50% beer, then bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, beer, salt, flour, starch, bacon, cheese, and egg. Mix until a thick dough forms – add more flour and starch if needed.
3. Working with wet hands, wrap just enough dough around the bread cubes.
4. Drop dumplings into the boiling water and cook until they begin to float, about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pot.
5. To serve: Remove the cooked dumplings, top with more cheese and chopped scallions. Serve immediately.